Thursday, January 1, 2009

I guess I lied to ya'll without meaning to

LOL nothing major......I thought I was done for the year when I posted the pictures a week or so ago, but I got a chance to haul 2 local loads that were wide and due to it being a holiday and the fact that trucks willing to work were scarce.......two short loads ( 9 miles each) paid me the equivelent of a week's wages for 26 hours work. Plus I got an additional bonus..... the customer needed to get rid of some wood he had there so he gave me 2 huge bundles of 4x4 x8 timbers. We use these a lot in my kind of work and they cost about $4 a timber in the hardware stores. I have no idea how many are in these bundles yet ( I stopped counting at 100). My son in law is going to meet me up where my trailer is at around noon today to help me unload them and bring them home and stack them out behind the truck shed....

So it seems I am starting my new year on a comfortable note..... home safe and warm with plenty to eat and drink and plenty of fabric to play with............

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome for the BONUS!!glad to hear your year ended on a good note. Happy New Year to ya.

Chris said...

Great. Glad you had a chance to make some $.
Cold here...17 today.